Table of contents
The VW Bug or VW Beetle 1974 Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1974 with his large rear window.
- Self restoring energy absorbing bumpers.
- Quieter muffler.
- New cylinder head alloy for better heat dissipation.
- “Softer” steering wheel to improve safety.
- Smaller front headrests give better rear vision.
- Computer sensor pressed into top of block to give TDC.
- Computer sensor for ignition voltage. Seat belt ignition interlock. Seat belt and brake warning light combined.
- Super beetle and convertible have slight negative king pin offset.
- Super beetle has square glove box knob.
- Warning light for hand brake.
- Ghia has thicker front disc pads.
- Last year of Ghia in the US.
- Internal regulator to alternator in late 74.
- Distributor gets vacuum and centrifugal advance.
VW Beetle 1974 chassis numbers: 114 2000 001 – 114 2999 000 / VW1303 134 2000 001 – 134 2999 000 (superbug)
1974 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1974 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).