Table of contents
The VW Bug or VW Beetle 1973 Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1973 with his large rear window.
>> Join the Aircooled Community and become a registered member. Start sharing your experiences with other people. Click here.
- Reduced horsepower in US models (60 to 58 SAE).
- 600 watt (50 amp) alternator replaces generator in mid year.
- Improved intake pre-heating for faster cold weather warm-up.
- Engine case near No3/flywheel is reinforced to prevent cracking.
- Softer transmission mounting.
- Softer clutch.
- Porsche style pressure plate.
- No oil drain plug in oil strainer cover plate.
- New fuel pump (with cut-off valve) to clear alternator.
- Paper air filter.
- New ‘lifetime lubricated’ front and rear wheel bearings.
- Larger curved windscreen and smaller front lid to luggage compartment.
- New dash in super beetle.
- Redesigned fresh air system.
- New interior light assembly.
- Stronger bumpers.
- Large round (Elephant Foot) tail lights.
- ‘Sports Bug’ option.
- New front seats with multiple adjustment.
- Outer door handles get ‘two finger’ indents on trigger.
VW Beetle 1973 chassis numbers: 113 2000 001 – 113 3200 000 / VW1303 133 2000 001 – 133 3200 000 (superbug)
1973 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1973 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).
1973 VW Beetle for sale
Interested in a 1973 VW Beetle for sale? Visit our forum thread VW Beetle for sale and have a look at all the ads submitted by other members of the Aircooled Community. If you are interested in a 1973 VW Beetle for sale, you can always contact the owner by sending him / her a private message or by reacting on the ad itself.
How to restore a VW Beetle
Are you looking to restore a 1973 VW Bug? Here you can find some useful documents that might help you.