Table of contents
The VW Bug or VW Beetle 1972 Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1972 with his large rear window.
- Engine lid gets 4 sets of air slots.
- Smog control models get extra ‘plumbing’.
- New steering column, level mounted.
- New double vacuum distributor with vacuum retard (5 degrees ATDC) at idle.
- EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) added. New muffler.
- Modified 3rd and 4th synchro rings to reduce noise.
- “Baja bug” introduced.
- Karman Ghia gets disc front brakes in US (already from 67 in other countries).
- Wheels change from 5.6×15 to 6.0×15 in late 72.
- VW computer analysis socket.
VW Beetle 1972 chassis numbers: 112 2000 000 – 112 3200 000
1972 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1972 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).