Table of contents
The VW Bug or VW Beetle 1970 Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1970 with his large rear window.
- Increased horsepower from 43hp – 47hp and displacement increased from 1500cc – 1600cc.
- US models get 1600cc single port engine.
- US models get larger turn signals and side reflectors on housing.
- Two sets of air intake slots added to engine lid.
- Pressure control valve added to lubrication system.
- Solex 30PICT/3 carby on 1600 models (30PICT/2 continues on 1500 models).
- Diaphragm clutch springs to 1600 models – requires less pedal pressure.
- US head restraints reduced in size.
- On US models, buzzer sounds when door opened with key still in ignition.
- New 3rd, 4th gears with finer teeth (reduced noise) added late 70.
VW Beetle 1970 chassis numbers: 110 2000 001 – 110 3100 000
1970 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1970 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).