Table of contents
The VW Bug or VW Beetle 1967 Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1967 with his large rear window.
- 1500 engine introduced – similar to earlier type 2 (bus, kombi) engine, but without the rear cross member mounting point.
- “Volkswagen” badge on engine lid.
- 12 volt electrics.
- Generator increased from 180 to 360 watts.
- Voltage regulator moved from generator to under rear seat.
- Rear track increased with wider swing axles to 1350mm.
- Clutch diameter increased from 180 to 200mm on 1300/1500 models.
- 130 tooth ring gear (flywheel) replaces 109 tooth.
- Dual brake cylinder system (drum brakes).
- Front discs (single circuit) on 1500 models to some countries (but not US).
- Outside door handle has push button.
- Inside door handles recessed.
- Two speed wipers.
- Back-up lights (on US models).
- Vertical headlights replace sloped glass.
- US models get sealed beam headlights (other countries retain bulb-and-reflector).
- Locking buttons on doors.
- Driver’s armrest on door.
- Slimmer chrome trim on outside.
- Driver’s outside mirror becomes standard.
- Rear anti-sway bar added.
VW Beetle 1967 chassis numbers: 117 000 001 – 117 999 000
1967 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1967 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).