1966 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1966 VW Bug or VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1966 with his large rear window.
Main changes in 1966
- 1300 engine introduced.
- “1300” badge on engine lid.
- 30PICT/1 carburettor.
- Cam bearing added to engine.
- Emergency blinker switch.
- Ventilated wheel slots and flatter hub caps.
- Bigger rear view mirror.
- Headlight dimmer moved to turn signal lever.
- Centre dashboard defroster outlet.
- Horn ring – semi circle.
- Ball joint front suspension replaces king pins.
- Improved torsion bars and shock absorbers.
- Needle wheel bearings replace ball bearings.
- Outer door handles changed from square pushbutton to round pushbutton.
- Locking front seatbacks were introduced.
VW Beetle 1966 chassis numbers: 116 000 001 – 116 1021 300
The chassis numbers for the 1966 VW Beetle are between 116 000 001 – 116 1021 300.
Engine 1966 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1285cc/50hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
1966 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1966 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).