Table of contents
1965 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1965 VW Bug or VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1965 with his large rear window.
Main changes in 1965
- Master and wheel cylinders redesigned.
- New cooling air control with flaps under fan (formerly annular ring inside fan).
- Improved heater.
- Lever type heater controls.
- Slightly curved ‘flat’ windscreen, and slightly bigger.
- Slimmer door posts and windscreen posts.
- Window vent has lock moved to bottom.
- More powerful wiper motor, and longer blades.
- Thinner, more contoured front seats (increased rear leg room).
- Rear seat folds flat.
- Engine lid catch now push-button.
- Swivelling sun visors.
- Convertibles have dome light in rear view mirror assembly.
- Significant increase in window areas, windscreen increased by 11% and slightly curved, rear window increased by 19.5%, door windows increased by 6% and rear side windows increased by 17.5%.
- Slight thinning of backs of front bucket seats provide additional legroom for rear seat passengers.
Note new type of chassis number. The first digit ‘1′ denotes type 1 (beetle). Second digit used to denote body style (eg 5 for cabrio in appropriate years). The third digit ‘5′ indicates the model year 1965.
VW Beetle 1965 chassis numbers: 115 500 000 – 116 463 103
The chassis numbers for the 1965 VW Beetle are between 115 500 000 – 116 463 103.
Engine 1965 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1493cc/53hp 1bbl with transmission.
1965 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1965 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).