Table of contents
1964 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1964 VW Bug or VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the VW Beetle 1964 with his large rear window.
Main changes in 1964
- Metal sunroof.
- Horn has two buttons instead of half ring.
- Distributor vacuum pipe changed from loop to inverted ‘V’ bend.
- Larger front turn signals.
- Larger licence plate light.
- Aerated vinyl material for seats.
- 28PICT/1 carby in late 64.
- Basketweave vinyl material replaces plain vinyl seat upholstery
- Four new colours introduced, panama beige, java green, bahama blue and sea blue
VW Beetle 1964 chassis numbers: 5 677 119 – 6 502 399
The chassis numbers for the 1964 VW Beetle are between 5 677 119 – 6 502 399.
Engine 1964 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1192cc/34hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
1964 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1964 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).