Table of contents
1963 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1963 VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the 1963 Volkswagen Bug with his large rear window. There was also a convertible version of this car.
Main changes in 1963
- Fresh air heating replaces stale air heating.
- The engine gets redesigned fan housing, muffler and heat exchangers.
- Leatherette headlining.
- Folding handle for the sunroof.
- Nylon window guides.
- Foam sandwich floor mats.
- Wolfsburg crest discontinued.
Chassis numbers: 4 846 836 – 5 677 118
The chassis numbers for the 1963 VW Beetle are between 4 846 836 – 5 677 118.
1963 VW Bug engine and technical specs
This are the specs of the 1963 VW Beetle engine:
- Layout: rear-engine with rear-drive.
- Engine: 4-cyl. 1192cc/34hp
- Transmission: four-speed manual.
- Final drive type: spiral bevel.
- Steering: worm and cap nut.
- Suspension (front): king pins with traverse torsion bars and upper : lower trailing arms.
- Suspension (rear): swings axles with trailing arms and torsion bars.
- Brakes: hydraulic, front / rear drum.
- Fuel tank: 10.6 gallon.
VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1963 Volkswagen Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).
1963 VW Beetle for sale
Interested in a 1963 VW Beetle for sale? Or are you selling a Beetle yourself? Before you make a purchase or a sale, it can be interesting to know the value of the 1963 VW Beetle in advance. You can determine the value of the car through our Value Calculation tool.
You can buy multiple models on the hemmings.com website.
How to restore a VW Beetle
Are you looking to restore a 1963 VW Bug? Here you can find some useful documents that might help you.