Table of contents
1962 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1962 VW Bug or VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the 1962 VW Beetle with his large rear window.
>> Join the Aircooled Community and become a registered member. Start sharing your experiences with other people. Click here.
Main changes in 1962
- Fuel gauge replaces reserve tap.
- Tail light ‘glass’ now plastic.
- Spring balance to front hood.
- Sliding covers on heater outlets.
- Progressive valve springs.
- Anchor points for seat belts.
- Stronger clutch springs.
- Windshield washer uses spare tire for air pressure.
- Last year of semaphores on domestic models.
VW Beetle 1962 chassis numbers: 4 010 995 – 4 846 835
The chassis numbers for the 1962 VW Beetle are between 4 010 995 – 4 846 835.
Engine 1962 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1192cc/34hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
1962 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1962 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).
1962 VW Beetle for sale
How to restore a VW Beetle
Are you looking to restore a 1962 VW Bug? Here you can find some useful documents that might help you.