Table of contents
1960 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1960 VW Bug or VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the 1960 VW Beetle with his large rear window.
>> Join the Aircooled Community and become a registered member. Start sharing your experiences with other people. Click here.
Main changes in 1960
- Recessed steering wheel for safety.
- Steering damper.
- Steering box is worm-and-peg instead of worm and roller.
- Generator increased from 160 to 180 watts (26.5 to 30 amps).
- Outside door handles now push button (was pull type).
- Padded sun visor.
- Seat back re-contoured.
- Wolfsburg crest on front hood has less colour.
- Last year for semaphores in Europe, Canada, Australia.
VW Beetle 1960 chassis numbers: 2 801 614 – 3 192 506
The chassis numbers for the 1960 VW Beetle are between 2 801 614 – 3 192 506.
Engine 1960 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1192cc/36hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
1960 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1960 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).
1960 VW Beetle for sale
How to restore a VW Beetle
Are you looking to restore a 1960 VW Bug? Here you can find some useful documents that might help you.