1958 VW Beetle vehicle description
The 1958 VW Bug or VW Beetle Sedan has some remarkable features. We can recognize the 1958 VW Beetle with his large rear window.
Main changes in 1958
- Larger windshield.
- Frame head reinforced.
- New instrument panel.
- Front blinkers moved to top of mud guards (fenders).
- Engine lid redesigned.
- Flat accelerator pedal replaces roller type.
- Convertibles get horizontal air inlets.
- New dished steering wheel.
- Wider brake drums and shoes.
- New clutch, stronger springs. 3rd and 4th gear ratios changed.
- Radio grille moved to the left in front of the driver
VW Beetle 1958 chassis numbers: 1 774 681 – 2 226 206
The chassis numbers for the 1958 VW Beetle are between 1 774 681 – 2 226 206.
Engine 1958 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1192cc/36hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
1958 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1958 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).