Table of contents
1954 VW Beetle Oval Window vehicle description
The 1954 VW Bug or VW Beetle Oval window has an unique design. The Oval window in the back is timeless and it provides the 1954 Beetle with a very high value.
Main changes in 1954
- Oval window
- 1192(1200)cc engine, 36hp, 6.1:1 compression.
- Larger intake valves.
- Altered cylinder heads – better cooling.
- 28PCI carby.
- Starter switch moved to ignition switch.
- Three way interior light.
- 6.6:1 compression introduced late 54.
- Oil bath air cleaner.
- Better fabric for seats.
- Rear seat gets rubber strap so it does not flip forward whilst braking.
VW Beetle 1954 chassis numbers: 575 415 – 781 884
The chassis numbers for the 1954 VW Beetle are between 575 415 – 781 884.
Engine 1954 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1192cc/30hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
Read our air-cooled VW Beetle engine guide for additional information.
1954 VW Beetle parts
Are you looking for parts for your 1954 VW Beetle? On this page you can submit a parts request that is send to multiple VW Beetle parts sellers (Paruzzi & VW Heritage). They will provide you with their price (without obligation to buy the parts AND there are no hidden charges).